Minecraft is an exciting sandbox game where players put their skills to the limit as they craft, plan, build, and survive in different worlds. But, as you play the game, you might experience that only a demo version of the game can be played.
Here are some possible reasons why your Minecraft is only playable in demo mode:
- You might not be using a Microsoft account after purchasing your Minecraft: Java Edition from December 1, 2020, onwards. If you are not in this account, you might not play the full version of the game.
- You have an outdated launcher.
- Your previous Minecraft purchase had a different address or had been previously changed.
- You have refunded your previous Minecraft game purchase.
- You logged in under the wrong Microsoft account.
When you launch the game and play Minecraft in demo only, it may mean that the current game account that you have does not own the game.
For instance, the Java Edition of Minecraft has a demo version that can be played for free. This single seed has a 1- hour-and-40-minute gameplay for up to 5 days.
Minecraft also allows players to play demo mode if they are unsure if their device can handle the game. Keep in mind that Minecraft, just like any other game, needs to run on a particular set of minimum specs so that you can get the best experience it can provide.
How can I get rid of Minecraft demo?
A Minecraft demo is playable, but essentially, it is not your copy of the game.
If you want to get rid of the demo, you can try the following steps:
- Open your Minecraft launcher and go to settings. Open your account.
- Delete your previous accounts on the sign-in screen first.
- Sign in your credential once more, and it will notify you that your game is active again.
- Click Java edition and click play.
How to buy Minecraft?
There are steps that you need to know to buy Minecraft. Buying Minecraft means having an account that owns a version of the game.
Essentially, you need a Microsoft account to buy Minecraft: Java Edition. To accomplish these, you can check out the following steps:
- Go to the purchasing page then select Minecraft Edition and the operating system of your device. Click on “Buy Minecraft.”
- Follow the succeeding steps regarding setting up a Microsoft account or using an existing one. This step is required before completing your purchase.
- Set up your game profile by clicking on “Set Up You Minecraft Profile.” Follow the prompts.
- After doing these steps, download the available launcher and log onto the Microsoft account you purchased. You are now ready to play the game.
How can I get Minecraft for free?
Of course, it may not be easy for some players to grab hold of paying for games like Minecraft. Sometimes, there are ways to help you obtain the game for free.
- Download Minecraft. Run and install the game like you normally would.
- The game automatically opens after installation. Click on “Continue Without Login.”
- You can log in on the new windows that opened or create an account. Click on “Register Here” after filling up the questions. Wait for the confirmation code.
- After registering, a window will bring you to a purchase page. You may skip purchasing for now and begin playing by logging into your account credentials.
Why is it saying I need to buy Minecraft again?
Minecraft is a game where you only need to purchase once. Afterward, you can enjoy the game and play all sorts of maps and enter various servers.
However, you may encounter problems as the game may have some bugs every now and then. You can try logging in to your Microsoft account again to work your way around the prompt telling you to repurchase the game.
Do not worry. As long as you have previously purchased Minecraft: Java Edition, you do not need to purchase it again unless you want another Microsoft account with a different Minecraft version.
How do I make a Mojang account?
Mojang, the developers of Minecraft, used to have asked their players to log in or sign up using a Mojang account. This was where their purchases of the game used to be linked to.
However, Mojang accounts will be phased away in favor of Microsoft accounts shortly. It is impossible to make a new Mojang account anymore, especially if you plan to buy it from December 1, 2020.
Even if you could create a new Mojang account, you’d have to convert it to a Microsoft account eventually. So, be sure to make a Microsoft account so that you can purchase and play the game.
There are a lot of reasons why Minecraft is playing on Demo mode. It could be because you might not be using a Microsoft account after purchasing your Minecraft: Java Edition from December 1, 2020, onwards, you have an outdated launcher, your previous Minecraft purchase had a different address or had been previously changed, you might have refunded your previous Minecraft game purchase, or you logged in under the wrong Microsoft account. No matter what reason it is, we’re always here to help you out so you can play Minecraft.